8.1 Workstation Performance

Workstation appears to work the same now (maybe even slightly faster, but don’t quote me on that) now that we’ve installed from 8.1.2.

I did notice that when I first open a project, however, it is still slightly blurry. Borders on buttons seem a pixel or two wider as well in Workstation. I was wondering if the resolution on the computer was causing issues so I changed that to a larger resolution and voila, it was clear, just like in Chrome. Then I switched back to the resolution I had been using and it was still clear, so just being in that resolution didn’t seem to be an issue. If I start the application in either resolution the issue occurs where it is blurry.

I did a little testing and it appears that the difference in appearance (blurry and the larger borders) occurs when the windows scaling is set to 125%. It may occur on other non 100% values as well, but this is the only one I tried due to the way our application is set up at the moment. I noticed a few other small nuance like position of text in tables, but they aren’t as big of a deal. The blurry-ness is the biggest issue visually.