Authentication error logging into client but not designer 7.9.13

I have a selection of projects I moved from one gateway to another both on Ignition 7.9.13
The main difference between the projects is that they use two differently named AD/Internal hybrid user sources. However, despite the name difference the underlying user sources are the same from a configuration perspective.

These are the full details

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Error authenticating.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:341)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:315)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:268)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invoke(GatewayInterface.java:894)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientGatewayConnection.doLogin(ClientGatewayConnection.java:93)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.AbstractGatewayConnection.login(AbstractGatewayConnection.java:891)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientPanel$LoginAction$LoginTask.run(ClientPanel.java:541)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.GatewayFunctionException: Error authenticating.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.Login.client(Login.java:216)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor491.invoke(null)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.AbstractGatewayFunction.invoke(AbstractGatewayFunction.java:208)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:405)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:85)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:837)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Ignition v7.9.13 (b2019120915)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 9.0.7.4

I think it's a similar problem the folks in this thread were having

Weirdly, I am having this only on certain projects on the gateway. On one of them I was able to get it to
authenticate alright by deleting it from the gateway and re importing the project export off the other gateway then changing the user source in the project properties, but that hasn't worked for other projects.

The authentication profile for each of these projects has been updated to use the current one configured on the gateway, yes?

You can turn on this logger - UserSource.AD_Internal_Hybrid - to debug on the gateway to see authentication attempts. You also might want to check the logs to see any other AD exceptions.

So I turned on a few of the debuggers around user sources and I’m seeing this message in the logs.
For context the AmysInternalHybrid user source it can’t find is what the authentication profile was on the old gateway while the new user source is just AmysAD.

I have changed all the projects from the gateway to use the AmysAD user profile and that’s what the gateway reflects and the designer settings. This still only occurs on some projects but they all reflect being on the new user source. Any suggestions on how to correct these projects to use the correct Authentication Profile?