[BUG-1171] "An Issue has been detected" During Upgrade to 8.1

Hi!

Im getting this error when I’m trying to upgrade my 8.0.15 installation to 8.1.

Is this normal?

no its not, is there anything in the install.log? if you have existed the installer it will be in the install dir, otherwise it will be in ~/.ignition/install

1 Like

Here’s the log!

install.log (6.5 KB)

Still waiting on this issue :confused:

I upgraded a development server from 7.9 to 8.1 and this happened as well. I just ignored it and continued. Everything seemed to be fine when it completed except I had to upgrade one of my modules to work with 8.1 manually.

1 Like

Which module was it, by any chance?

Sepasoft barcode scanner

Ditto, same here. They have not updated their modules for 8.1 yet.

From Sepasoft support on 11/16...

unfortunately, as you can see on our Download Page Sepasoft MES Modules Downloads & Resources | Sepasoft our Modules for Ignition 8.1 (it will be released for us in 3.81.0 XX so most likely a new Tab) are not yet available and still being tested by our QA group.

please check back regularly. I cannot reasonably give you an ETA and I apologize for this

Hmmm, bad luck for me then, I don’t have any 3rd party module.

From the log it looks like one of the files is locked and couldn’t be updated:

java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\jar-cache\com.inductiveautomation.alarm-notification\__1656306470__alarm-notification-common-5.0.15.jar -> C:\Users\IGNITI~1.ADM\AppData\Local\Temp\_ignition_preinstall_temp462799030176962224\data\jar-cache\com.inductiveautomation.alarm-notification\__1656306470__alarm-notification-common-5.0.15.jar: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. 

You could check what process has it locked using process Explorer in Windows?

Otherwise, reboot and try again perhaps?

5 Likes

Will try that too!

UPDATE:
I’ve halted the test until another process is done (Database rellocation). After that’s done, I’ll resume the testing.