[BUG-13305] Modifying Text In A Vision Text Area

If I type large amounts of text in the text area I cannot go back and edit the text field nor can I edit the text in the popup.

After clicking the “page” icon, I was able to modify the text - and after then clicking outside the popup my modifications were saved.

I also checked against a 7.9.X instance, and it behaves the exact same way.

It does not work with the page icon and if the text is over so many characters then you cannot even edit in the text field itself

I can show you if you want to do some type of Webex session

We did have someone in QA report something like this earlier, but they weren’t able to reproduce the issue a few weeks later. Could you check for any errors in your designer’s logs?

How does it log anything if it doesn’t error out? Can I show you?

Are you using Windows? We had a team member encounter the issue while using Windows, but I am using macOS.

yes I am using windows

I just Attempted the same steps on a Windows 10 VM and did not encounter any issue.The team member who claims to have encountered the issue is attempting to replicate it again.

ok thanks. Again if you want I can live demo it to you through a Webex or whatever means you typically use on support

It doesn’t seem to be the amount of characters, possibly a specific character you’re using?
On build b2019032102 I just pasted 300,000 characters and while the designer became sluggish I was still able to edit the property.

I am able to reproduce this issue with just enough “asdf asdf asdf” to have the (x chars) portion in the text editor. While it is strange that it did not occur on the Windows VM cmallonee has, I’ll write up an internal ticket.

This issue was fixed in the build uploaded today (4/10).

Normally we have the nightly builds accessible via https://inductiveautomation.com/downloads/ignition, but in the meantime you can find it via this post:
8.0.1 Nightlies - Temporary Place to Download the Latest Builds

Let us know if you have any issues.