[Bug-1518]Popup Drag reset view parameters

Hi,

On a popup view i have some parameters.
Those parameters are set at the open event script.

If i change those parameters (for exemple on a click of a button into the popup view) and that i drag the popup on another position on the screen those parameters get the value given by the open screen popup.

Is this logical ? Have someone a solution to avoid this?

Regards

1 Like

Which version do you use?

Version 8.1.1 with edge panel

I wouldn't recommend a setup like this. I'm not saying it won't work in certain instances, but params are best set with default values in the Designer, and those values can be overridden when the View is opened via whatever mechanism you're using (in this case the Popup Action or openPopup() ).

So if you're setting the param in a startup event, you might never see that value if it's overridden by an Action/Script.

All of that being said, I was able to replicate what you're seeing and we definitely do NOT want that param view to reset itself. I'll open a ticket to get it fixed.

1 Like

Hi @cmallonee,

Thanks for the reply. i've found a workaround with the use of memory tags to save the parameters externally of the popup. not the proper way but it helps for the moment.

Regards

Session properties would be a better solution, since they’re used per-session, whereas tags are per-gateway; concurrent users would trample tag values.

Also, we’re now unable to replicate the issue. I got video of it occurring locally, but then two days later I can no longer get it to occur on the same environment. We’re looking at it one more time today.

I've just tested on my early test server under 8.1.2 and i didn't replicate it.
on the actual dev server even after backup gateway reinstall ignition edge and restore gateway. the problem still occur.

Regards

Hi @cmallonee,

Did you get any update on this issue? I've update my server to 8.1.2 (Edge version) and this still occur.
It's not only happening on popup drag, but also when the popup lost focus.

Regards

No update. Fix will not be in 8.1.3.

Hi @cmallonee,

Thanks for the update.

Here a little bit more info coming from some test made yesterday about the issue:

• The reset of the view parameters only occur when a value was given with the open Popup function. Otherwise the value stay correct even when moving popup or lost focus.
  • Normally i was using scripting to open my popup, for test purpose i've made the same opening with the popup open event and the result stay the same with both methods
  • This occur in all major web browser and in workstation

Hope those infos are useful to get this fixed

Regards

1 Like

Hi @cmallonee ,

Any update on this ?

Regards

1 Like

The bug was reviewed and closed due to what appears to be a misunderstanding of the issue. I’ve re-opened that issue and sent it back for review with clarification.

2 Likes

The issue has now correctly been classified and is in the queue for repair.

1 Like

FYI I am experiencing this same bug in version 8.1.7.

1 Like

Because we haven’t begun development on the fix yet. We’ll try our hardest to update this thread when the fix has ben implemented.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
I've not tested the nightly build yet but according to the changelog this problem seems to be solved.

Regards

1 Like

This bug seems do still be present in 8.1.12

1 Like

its actually not the same, the moving seems to be working now, but the bug me and mitchell have is triggered differently.