[BUG-1385] System.gui.transform error

I am receiving an error when calling system.gui.tranform from a vision window in 8.0.5.

Any idea what this means?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "event:propertyChange", line 4, in
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.WindowUtilities$Transformer

caused by NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.WindowUtilities$Transformer

Ignition v8.0.5 (b2019101516)

This seems like a bug. Did it work in a previous version?

It worked in 7.9.6

As a workaround until we fix this, you can probably copy $IGNITION/lib/core/gateway/timingframework-1.0.jar to $IGNITION/lib/core/client/timingframework-1.0.jar and re-launch your client.

Make sure you copy and not move.

@Jonathan, so far we haven’t been able to replicate this in house. Would you be able to provide some more information, either here or via support (support@inductiveautomation.com)?
First, what’s the full details of the error message being thrown?
Second, can we get the full body of the script?
What OS is your gateway running on? Did you upgrade from 7.9 to 8.0 using the installers, or a zip installer?

I just launched that project that has not been touched since I posted this and it is working without issue. I am not sure what is going on. If it happens again I will post it here.

1 Like

Just wanted to update on this. Had this same issue happen on 8.1. I was getting your same error. Closing out the client and restarting it fixed the issue. I am not sure what the cause is.

Happened to me today (same error) in Ignition v8.1.1. designer, Windows 10 Pro 1909, build 18363.836.
Restarting the designer fixed it.

Interesting - I’ve revived the bug ticket, since there’s evidently something going on if all three of you have encountered this issue. Odd that it’s so inconsistent, though.

It happened to me today and I’ll give my feedack of what I think it caused. I wrongly passed a float() to newWidth, then I realized about it and passed a int() but the exception described above appeared.
The transform function was inside an invoke later def.

Same error for me today in Ignition v8.1.1.
It was driving me crazy trying to fix it until I saw this post.
Restarting the designer fixed it.