Can anyone recommend a 48 port rack-mountable NAT Switch/Router?

pardon me, did ur problem solved by using CRS312-4C+8XG-RM? i have same problem here, that i need get data from 24 PLC machine which have smae IP address,
why ur configurating diffrent IP here? dont u have same IP PLC "192.168.0.100"?
i new to networking and working really hard about the IP conflict , still do know what should i do with this IP conflict , if u can solve ur problem with CRS312-4C+8XG-RM, please let me know , thankyou

Essentially he is configuring what is called a NAT to translate the devices behind the switch on the machine network to a single address that can then communicate to higher networks like the one his Ignition gateway is configured on.

They can be a little challenging to setup if you haven't spent a ton of time in networking, but are pretty common and depending on the hardware, there are some decent tutorials out there. Otherwise, reach out to your IT department. They may have resources that can assist.

I can't speak to that particular hardware, but this is pretty common functionality on managed switches and depending on what you have in place now, you may not need new hardware.

"Okay, I understand the concept of NAT and believe I would be able to configure it. However, I want to make sure whether the [MikroTik CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+RM] will work well for this purpose. Has anyone ever successfully used this hardware? Just as a reminder, I am facing a similar problem of working with 24 PLCs, all having the same IP address, which is 192.168.3.39. If anyone has managed to make it work with that hardware, please let me know. Thank you."

I can't speak to the particular NAT usage, but I have the very similar CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+RM, and it has been rock-solid for three years. (It has PoE+ on all 48 ports.)

The documentation isn't clear, but I suspect you will need 42 VLANs.

1 Like