Error launching Designer remotely with error java.nio.file.FileAlreadyExistsException

I set up 8.1 LTS version on one server and trying to open it from my PC which is connected to the server and getting the Below errors. But if I open a designer from the server itself it works fine.

i got the below error from my local Pc where i open designer .

Launch failed on step "DownloadRuntimeStep" with error:
java.nio.file.FileAlreadyExistsException: C:\Users\tsalem\.ignition\cache\resources\runtimes\jre-win\DISCLAIMER
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:87)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:235)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:370)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createFile(Files.java:647)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadRuntimeStep.unzip(DownloadRuntimeStep.java:251)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadRuntimeStep.downloadRuntime(DownloadRuntimeStep.java:202)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadRuntimeStep$DownloadRuntimeAction.run(DownloadRuntimeStep.java:114)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadRuntimeStep$DownloadRuntimeAction.run(DownloadRuntimeStep.java:81)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.AbstractLaunchStep.runLockedAction(AbstractLaunchStep.java:95)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.BaseStep.runLockedAction(BaseStep.java:21)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadRuntimeStep.run(DownloadRuntimeStep.java:53)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:33)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

on the other hand. I am able to launch a designer for Maker and also 8.012 which setup in different servers.

1 Like

See these threads:

thanks @witman it works after renaming the folder to 11.0.7

1 Like

Thank you. Renaiming the folder worked.

1 Like