[Feature-14054] User Management

Our Sales Engineering department published an Exchange resource you can use for this:

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you. I didn’t think to look there.

Just checking if there's any update. Coworker using 8.1.26 perspective, he was setting up a user management view, I told him to just user the User Management component (as I am used to Vision) but was surprised there wasn't one by default in the component pallet and that you need to download a module for it.

Curious, what's wrong with using the exchange resource?

Nothing, I was just confused when I went to assist my coworker I told him to look for a user management component (as I am used to in Vision) so I was just a bit surprised you needed to download this separately for perspective.

TBH it was only surprising to me because of the high standards IA have set for themselves lol.

I can think of a few reasons motivation is low to implement it as an integrated component.

• User management is an Ignition user source concept, not an IdP concept. Anyone using an off the shelf IdP is not going to be able to take advantage, and possibly be confused by the distinction.
  • Perspective development resources (as in developers) are tasked with "higher priority" features such as drawing tools. Things that can't be implemented with Exchange resources, which leads into:
  • The Exchange resource is good enough.

Hi, I'm using the exchange user Management tool, and it works fine
However, I have some Password policies such as the password min length and complexity, and it doesn't seem to honor that.
I've set these policies in my internal user source which I have linked to my Ignition type identity provider.
maybe I'm missing something?
Thanks!