Gateway / Java question 7.7.2

[quote=“Mr.K001”][quote=“pturmel”]Yes, I been using G1GC since it was introduced in Java7. The performance gain is so great, I wouldn’t use anything else.[/quote]That’s what I keep seeing online, I wouldn’t mind switching at some point. I assume the way your code is set up will switch to G1GC correct? I mean if I decide to switch to G1 is that all I need to change?[/quote]Yes. Please take a look at the manual page for the java command. It explains how all this works. The UseG1GC option is required in Java7. It is already the default in Java8.[quote=“Mr.K001”][quote=“pturmel”]No, my Perm and MaxPerm are commented out. You should not have them set at all, as I stated immediately after my suggested config.[/quote]My question on this was about the CMS GC not the G1. I was asking whether or not tweaking those two values will have any positive impact.[/quote]Yes, but they are somewhat sensitive to your actual workload. Typically the MaxPerm would be 1/2 to 2/3 of the max heap size, but must be at least large enough for all of Ignition’s long-lived objects. The “Memory” tab of Ignition’s system console page shows the breakdown of permanent vs. non-permanent memory consumption. I haven’t used CMS in a long while, so maybe someone else can chip in with advice. { My advice is to switch to the G1GC. }