Ignition 7.9.10 client launcher with Ignition 8.0.1 Gateway

Hi all,

We currently have a Windows 32 bit client PC that we want run the project off an Ignition 8 Gateway. As the client PC is 32 bit so we are unable to install the Ignition 8 client launcher on it. I thought I'll just try installing client launcher 7.9.10 and see if I can launch the client from there. I can see and add the projects from the gateway but the actual project doesn't seem to want to start. So I am just wanting to confirm if it is possible to launch an Ignition 8 gateway project using an older version of native client launcher?

I've followed this post for 7.9.10 client launcher to use the Java version installed on the client PC (Java 8) instead of the Java version that came with it:

Thanks a lot.

No, they won’t work.

This post has some shell scripts you can use to launch a client on a 32-bit system using a JRE that’s already installed. They require the JAVA_HOME environment variable to be set.

We’re shipping slightly more polished versions of these shell scripts with 8.0.2 or 8.0.3, but that’s the extent of support/workaround we’re going to have for 32-bit systems.

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Anther somewhat related question… I also tried viewing the project using Perspective as well but it just stays on the initializing screen. Would this due to the 32bit OS as well? I have tried using both Microsoft Edge and Firefox. Many thanks.