OPC UA server is faulted and tcp:127.0.0.1:62541 is gone after I restart ignition service

tcp:127.0.0.1:62541 is gone after I restart ignition service, and I have to restart computer if I wanna get it back, do you have any opinions?

Below is my error once I lost 62541

UaException: status=Bad_ConnectionRejected, message=io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: localhost/127.0.0.1:62541
	at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.uasc.ClientChannelFsm$ClientChannelActions.lambda$connect$0(ClientChannelFsm.java:130)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListener0(DefaultPromise.java:502)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners0(DefaultPromise.java:495)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListenersNow(DefaultPromise.java:474)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners(DefaultPromise.java:415)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.setValue0(DefaultPromise.java:540)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.setFailure0(DefaultPromise.java:533)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.tryFailure(DefaultPromise.java:114)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.fulfillConnectPromise(AbstractNioChannel.java:327)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:343)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:665)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:612)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:529)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:491)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:905)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information: localhost/127.0.0.1:62541
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
	at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:327)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:340)
	... 6 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
	... 10 more

8.0.6 (b2019111216)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.4

Are there any errors from the OPC UA server in the logs after you restart it? Something about failing to bind? Can you upload your logs somewhere?

Yeah, as you said, just a few messages about binding failed cuz port 62541 is gone, @Kevin.Herron my question is why port 62541 is gone? is it possible that we get it started manually?

Oops, sorry for missing your question, below error message in the logs, I also tried demo v8 Extra Ignition Materials | Inductive Automation and got the same issue

Merry Christmas!

Binding failed often means another process is holding the port. Do you have another copy of Ignition running? Possibly holding the wildcard 0.0.0.0:62541 ? Or some other OPC/UA stack?

@pturmel

Actually not, only one thing i did is restarted restored my ignition gateway or restarted my ignition service. On the other hand, we can see who is holding the wildcard 0.0.0.0:62541 if someone is.

All right, It works after I downgrade my java version, version 11 doesn’t work on me.
Please mark it addressed.

That doesn’t make sense, unless you tagged this topic incorrectly (ignition80). Ignition v8 runs with modern java (and provides its own copy), it is Ignition v7.9 and before that need java8.

I am not sure why, I am running on Version: 8.0.6 (b2019111216) for sure.

I think you need support to look over your shoulder. /:

Hmm, your idea is right ,
here is how i reproduce my issue:
Set ignition service start manually
Start my PC
Start ignition service manually by clicking starting service.

It seems we can not start OPC UA server, how do i diagnose this issue?

Faced this issue after restoring my gateway from file. gateway restarted and was unable to connect OPC UA server. “netstat -aon” showed that there is no port:62541 active. But Logs said that there was binding fault, during startup.Updating of Java did not cause any changes.
The only solution was: deleting OPC UA services, that were installed with Simatic products and reinstalling of Ignition after that. Now OPC UA works properly on the gateway.

Wired issue, I do not wanna restart or reinstall anything