Perspective Error (Creating View)

This is not a production environment, so I’m not worried about some performance hits.

Could you please point me in the right direction? I need to knock a quick prototype project together.

You can try adding the following arguments to your designer launcher configuration, via the Manage → JVM Arguments section:

-Dperspective.browser.mode.lightweight=true -Djxbrowser.ipc.external=true -Dignition.chromium.switch.disable-gpu -Dignition.chromium.switch.disable-gpu-compositing -Dignition.chromium.switch.enable-begin-frame-scheduling -Dignition.chromium.switch.software-rendering-fps=60 -Djxbrowser.logging.level=ALL

-Dperspective.browser.mode.lightweight=true did the trick!

Thanks,
Deon

I had a similar issue happen on 8.0.4, but only for a single view. Restarting the Ignition Gateway resolved the issue.

I have the same issues still in 8.0.5, tried all the jre runtime options to no avail.

As of now, it appears I can only have one instance of any one view open in the Designer successfully. If I try to open a second view, I consistently get ‘view config is undefined’.

First view after opening designer opens successfully:

Any subsequent view sticks on ‘synchronizing’ and fails:

To be able to open any single view now, I have to restart the designer and open that view FIRST before any others are opened in the designer session. After changes are made and published, I then have to restart the designer before I can open any other view.

This is after upgrading from 8.0.3 to 8.0.5. I still had issues in 8.0.3 but I don’t remember them being quite this bad. I have tried the above JRE arguments and different memory configs without any success. Anyone else have any advice?

@will: Internal tickets lead me to believe this issue should have been resolved as of the last couple of days: Nightly Changelogs (8.0.6-b20191021 13211: Introduce a project scan lock).

If you’re able to take a newer build, I recommend trying this morning’s build and seeing if this is still an issue.

This issue still exist in ignition 8.0.8.
the strange thing is:
It works on the guestwifi but not the network of the company itself.
We already tried to do this in the designer launcher:

-Dperspective.browser.mode.lightweight=true;-Djxbrowser.ipc.external=true;-Dignition.chromium.switch.disable-gpu;-Dignition.chromium.switch.disable-gpu-compositing;-Dignition.chromium.switch.enable-begin-frame-scheduling;-Dignition.chromium.switch.software-rendering-fps=60;-Djxbrowser.logging.level=ALL

We can’t open any screen and can also not create a new one.
It keeps saying “Initialize”.

Isn’t perspective based on react, and not java? because the error message is a java error?

This is the error: Java error.txt (5.1 KB)

That's pretty suspicious - is there any firewall or anything between the machine running the designer and the gateway? Can you try running the designer directly on the machine where the gateway is installed?

These properties are unlikely to resolve the issue you're encountering; those properties would help if the designer can't run JxBrowser at all, which would typically manifest as just a black screen. Being 'stuck' at initializing sounds more like a network problem loading the front-end Perspective designer.

Perspective uses both - the gateway runs Java, and keeps a backend synchronized with the frontend to run things like transforms, property change scripts, component delegate actions, etc. The actual frontend that runs in the browser uses React, yes.

In the designer, things are even more complicated. The entire designer is a Java Swing application, but we're embedding a web browser frame and using a lot of tricks to make it appear seamless. So, there's a lot of places (for instance, when trying to save a view, which is where your error message is showing up) where Java code has to interact with Javascript code running in the embedded browser to achieve some result.

1 Like

ah ok, I think java is blocked on that network , so that declares why we cant use the designer at the network.

(the machine running the gateway was our own pc where we tried to launch the designer)
But knowing it's an network issue already helpes us to know what to do.

ExecutionException: java.lang.Exception: Unable to get the view config: View config is undefined.
caused by Exception: Unable to get the view config: View config is undefined.

Ignition v8.0.9 (b2020021812)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.5

Works on some view, not on others. Where there any final solution to this?

I get the same error too. But only if I create a Folder and create a view in there. So it looks like I can’t have any views in folders.

In my case AddCustomer view works fine but Test does not. Running version 8.1.1 .

I get this in the console as well when I try and open it Test:

`
15:24:28.974 [Browser Thread: 49451] ERROR Perspective.Designer.Workspace - level: LEVEL_ERROR
message: “WebSocket connection to ‘ws://localhost/system/pws/PrecisionPac/Test%2FTest?token=ch2UBlHVGCAsWB6W-JvTw_VlY9puCKzYy5DljrZi2LI’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404”
line_number: 12
source: “http://localhost/res/perspective/js/PerspectiveClient.c7a3c33300919d53fa0a.js

15:24:38.977 [Browser Thread: 49451] ERROR Perspective.Designer.Workspace - level: LEVEL_ERROR
message: “WebSocket connection to ‘ws://localhost/system/pws/PrecisionPac/Test%2FTest?token=QLRRrctS9mpo6_0sDMjnHcljpxw4xdf-ajMjnoc9AiU’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404”
line_number: 12
source: “http://localhost/res/perspective/js/PerspectiveClient.c7a3c33300919d53fa0a.js

`

What happens if you delete the “Test” directory from the file system, and then recreate that structure?

Same thing happens, still get the same errors. Tried restarting the gateway and also the Designer flags shown in this post…Kind of scratching my head on this one

Hey All, Is there a set of steps I should follow. This happens every 30 minutes to me and its no fun.
What are the steps to resolve it ?

thanks in advance

Using version 8.1.3 and having the same problem too…
tried the above JVM arguments, but still doesnt work…
the views in designer is still stuck in ‘initializing’

1 Like

upgraded to V8.1.3 and having the same issue. Not resolved.
NOTE: previously V8.1.1. was not having this issue.

1 Like

We are still having this issue in 8.1.1
Its a bit random. If I try to create a view and it fails, it will generally work after several attempts deleting the corrupt view and recreating it. I don’t have any good theories on this but can say the issue has definitely not been resolved as of 8.1.1.

I have previously contacted support and after troubleshooting, it seems that my antivirus software (Kaspersky) is blocking it. Once i disable Kaspersky, i am able to create the views.

Hi everyone,

I have the same error, one of my view opened but not the other. It don't change if I try to open them in different order, it is always the same view who can't open. I think it began to bug when we switch, a moment, on the backup gateway. I tried to add

but It didn't work either. What can I do?

I am facing this same error with 8.1.12, Java version 11.0.11, Perspective module 2.1.12.

I have three site pages, all in the same folder, all deployed on the gateway. All of them work fine in runtime. However, trying to open one of the three in Designer on the gateway system results in the errors described in this thread.

Have not yet tried restarting the gateway (waiting for a convenient time) and can probably recover from an offline version, but would like to understand why I can’t load the page in Designer, but it loads just fine in a Perspective session? The other pages all load fine in both places. Last changes to the page in question were made a couple of weeks ago, no user complaints or issues.