Refreshing images using Ignition Vision or Vision Reports, Ignition 8.1.3

I’m working on an application in which I show images taken from a Cognex camera and displayed on a vision screen that I have created. I would like these images to update or get refreshed when the latest images are dropped in a particular folder on my local hard drive. I have used the image tool to display my images, via the image management tool, which works fine. When I replace the image with the same name or delete it, my original image is still displayed. I have both use cache and load in background unchecked in image properties (per recommendation on a previous post). Only when I use the image management tool to upload the latest image does the image change. I would like these images to change dynamically, is there a way to do this? I have also tried using the report module to display these images as I have read that you can dynamically display images in a report if you setup parameters for each image, giving it a name and location where the image is stored and then dragging this parameter to the key property located in the property inspector. When I setup the parameter for each image and then display it on the preview tab, it works fine. If I change the image or replace it using the same name and store to the folder where all my images are stored and then preview, the image displayed is the original image and not the updated one. Even if I delete this image and then preview it, the original image still gets displayed. How do I refresh my report so updated images get displayed or not get displayed?

@pturmel has done a ton of work with Cognex image displays.

Well, I just wrote a module wrapper for Batik. @rgarcher is the actual expert. I don’t have the hardware, so it was a bit of remote debugging…