SQL Server did not return a response

Hi
We are using Ignition version 7.9.8 (b2018060714) with java 1.8.0_171-b11 and Windows Server 2016
We are trying to connect to SQL Server, I am using the sa account.

We get the following error:
Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.".)
So far we checked the forum and followed the instructions in this topic:

But still isn’t working.

I also checked this topic Ignition cannot connect to SQL Server - #3 by pgmo but that didn’t work for me

My connection string is as follows
jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\MSSQLSERVER:1433

I read another topic (SQL connection - #6 by Colby.Clegg) which mentions downgrading the java jre. But this might affect other applications as well.

Is there any other possibility to make this works?

You didn’t mention what version of SQL Server you were using, but I recommend using the latest JDBC driver:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/download-microsoft-jdbc-driver-for-sql-server

Also make sure the SQL Server Browser service is running on the server.

1 Like

I had installed the 6.0 I thought that one was the latest. Your link was very helpful, I installed 7.0 and followed the instructions in this post Windows 7 MSSS2008 First time set up (The ones from Robert McKenzie) and it works now.

I think it would be very helpful to put this info in the docs.inductiveautomation.com

Thanks for your help!