web-API to read/write tags json

I never claimed anything like that, I just said new approach based on new technology like nodeJS, SVG etc. may be worth trying due to its advantages. Sorry if it sounded like that to anyone, it was just a discussion to trigger thought process. See discussion J2EE v/s NodeJS for real time applications

I first started using JAVA Apache Tomcat server connected to Ignition to serve my ARSCADA and other clients in the first version of it. However I thought of trying nodeJS instead of it, as it was gaining a lot of importance importance in IT world in past several years and offered some advantages over Apache Tomcat server such as small footprint, support for push technology (Socket.IO), faster response etc, Each technology has its advantages and disadvantages and it takes time and effort to build and try them. In mission critical applications such as SCADA, users often try previous generation proven technology due to the risks involved but that shouldn't stop us from evaluating new technology. JAVA was also a new technology when Ignition started in 2003, and no one thought of using JAVA J2EE for real time application that time, which was pioneered by Ignition, and now it has become state of the art for even SCADA.

Of course hats off to all Ignition great stalwarts who developed this massive, robust and award winning product. I am just trying to extend its functionality leveraging new developments in technology such as AR, SVG, etc.

Though I haven't made the download of trial version available yet (it's under preparation) but I have made demo videos of all modules on my web site to give an idea about them.