[Bug-10710] Session Custom Properties Dissapearing

1- Unexpected behaviour- Session custom properties dissapear & are unbindable by other objects within views or scripts, However if you re-create the same object name back and click the binding button the binding is still maintained. (have only had it occur on objects and arrays)

2- Expected behaviour - properties to persist.

4- Details:

Version - b2018121802

Is there anything unique about the binding to those custom properties? There is an internal ticket for properties disappearing if they have invalid bindings when they are loaded. Is it is bound to something that doesn’t exist or something that is created from a script or something that takes a couple seconds?

If doesn’t sound like any of that, you can send the project backup directly to me and I’ll take a look.

I also have experienced disappearing component custom properties (not session.custom) with valid indirect tag bindings - (at least the bindings work at runtime, though the expression editor shows “Bad_NotFound”) Recreating the missing properties also retains the bindings.

This issue was fixed in the build that was uploaded on 1/17. Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.

I was not able to replicate this issue. However, from the sound of it it should be fixed by the same changes for the original post. If you continue to see this happen though, I’d like to know what components you were using and the way that you configured the indirect tag binding.

G’Day,

The issue is still present for me on a number of bindings…

The binding is using a http binding point towards a 7.9.10 gateway using the sepasoft webservice provider. (Reason being is outdated SAP (SOAP) calls need the webservice module AUTH).

The binding refreshes when I create the same object custom property and click the binding button.

Getting this error below:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.binding.transforms.script.ScriptTransform.compile(ScriptTransform.java:68)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.binding.transforms.script.ScriptTransform.create(ScriptTransform.java:33)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.binding.BindingRegistryImpl.createTransform(BindingRegistryImpl.java:113)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.AbstractBindingHarness.(AbstractBindingHarness.java:70)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ElementBindingHarness.(ElementBindingHarness.java:23)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.session.AbstractSession.lambda$new$1(AbstractSession.java:147)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.BindingCollection.create(BindingCollection.java:59)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.session.AbstractSession.(AbstractSession.java:145)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.session.PerspectiveDesignSession.(PerspectiveDesignSession.java:61)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.session.PerspectiveSessionCollection.createAndStartupSession(PerspectiveSessionCollection.java:236)

at java.base/java.util.HashMap.computeIfAbsent(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap.computeIfAbsent(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.session.PerspectiveSessionCollection.getOrCreateSession(PerspectiveSessionCollection.java:259)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.PerspectiveModuleRpcImpl.designerStartup(PerspectiveModuleRpcImpl.java:65)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.ModuleInvoke.invoke(ModuleInvoke.java:165)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:409)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:86)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:852)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:535)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:190)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:188)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1253)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:168)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:166)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1155)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)

at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:335)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:61)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:126)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:530)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:347)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:256)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:279)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:102)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:124)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:247)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.produce(EatWhatYouKill.java:140)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:131)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:382)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:708)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:626)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hey, I was able to reproduce with the same stacktrace as you. It looks like this issue is actually caused by another known issue that we were not aware affected this area. I will see about bumping the priority of this issue because this seems like something that will be run into a lot as people make more use of binding custom session properties.

1 Like

This issue should be fixed in the latest build.
Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.

We saw this the other day in v8.1.36 in a dev environment. All of our session custom props just disappeared. I checked the json file and the bindings were still present, but the custom object was blank custom: {}

Very concerning as we had a lot of custom session props. We managed to salvage most of them (not all, we added some after the most recent backup), but if we didn't have the backup we would be screwed.

I did collect the wrapper logs from the time, but not sure what else would help you guys/gals diagnose?

I also noticed the loss of session custom props, I had version 8.1.28. Initially, I attributed it to my own oversight, and without further investigation, I restored these properties from a backup. Is this issue widespread? Certain functionalities crucial to me rely on these properties."

Same here, although this is the first time I've seen it