[BUG-13815] After Ignition upgrade to 8.0, windows are loaded with tags in error state

I think we still have the same (or similar issue) - upgraded to 8.0.15, but this has not helped.

On Page swap (using the Navigation Tabstrip and using page Swap Buttons) we randomly see elements (sometimes a few and sometimes many) get stuck with the OPC_Waiting overlay (white with Tag and clock).

It seems to be more prevalent when swapping pages quickly, but thats only an impression. Swapping to another page and back sometimes clears all the overlays, and sometimes clears some of the overlays.

There doesn’t appear to be any problems with the associated Tags nor the gateway and we dont seem to be nearing any loading limits.

Anyone have any ideas how to trace this.

EDIT :
After posting this, I noticed that all the elements showing the overlay contain an expression which uses the tag() function in the format
tag(“TagPath/”+{Template Property}+"/TagElement")
eg
If(tag("[default]Digital Inputs/"+{Digital Input.DeviceID}+"/Input")=1,color(255,255,255),color(170,170,170))

I assume the Tag function is asynch to the page population and sometimes doesn’t complete before the page is displayed?? Not sure if this helps the situation any.

1 Like