[BUG-12870] Copy/Paste Objects in Perspective deselects them

I’m running the b2019022002 build. I don’t have time at the moment to load the latest but I wanted to report this because I didn’t see it in the daily patches. I think I’m one daily back from current.

Anyway, when I copy/paste objects in perspective it is deselecting the objects. This is kinda an annoying bug because the pasted controls will be stacked on top of the controls you copied but be unselected. This makes it a lot more awkward to do your screen layouts with copy/paste.

You could try duplicating your component - hold CMD (Mac), click-hold your component, and drag.

What operating system are you using? My Mac does not seem to encounter this issue - my selection moves from the original to the pasted object.

OS is Windows Server 2012 R2. I’m using Remote Desktop to go into the server and running my designer locally on the server. It’s in the AWS cloud.

Holding CTRL and click-dragging is not clearing my target on controls. If I use Ctrl + C to copy and then Ctrl + V to paste it clears my target.

We were able to reproduce this while deep-selected in a container, although it’s not clear if your original concern was raised while you were in that scenario. I’m opening an internal ticket to make the behavior consistent.

Yep, that’s what I was doing.

I didn’t realize it was tied to deep select but I was deep selecting from inside a coordinate container. I had forgotten I could just hold CTRL to drag/create objects. I work in so many different SCADAs it’s hard to keep straight which ones have which features :slight_smile:

This is still an issue: