Document Tag Datatype - Copy Value in Tag Browser

Before I add this to the ideas portal, I figured I should check to make sure I’m not missing something. Is there an easy way, within the Tag Browser, to copy a Document tag value?

Most other datatypes, you can at the very least, double click in the Value field, select all, and copy the value. The Document type appears to be protected from accessing the value this way. Often, during development, I need to quickly check the JSON structure/values in these tags or send them to coworkers via Slack, etc. Would be great to be able to copy the value easily. Better yet, having the ability to copy AND a built in expand feature would be great!

Ignition 8.1.5.

It’s far from ideal UX, but if you right click → Edit (raw), then you can copy the ‘Value’ node in the tree:

{
  "key": "value",
  "key_1": {
    "key": "value",
    "key_1": "value"
  },
  "key_2": [
    "value"
  ],
  "key_3": "value"
}
1 Like

Good to know! But it looks like when you try to do this for a tag that is a part of a UDT, the object comes back empty?

Added a feature request for a right-click “Copy Value” option and a value “expand” option here: Tag Browser - Value Accessibility | Voters | Inductive Automation