Perspective Table performance and feedback

That’s good to hear. We are always working towards improving performance, but it’s a bit of a cycle, between bug fixes, new features, and memory and performance enhancements. Currently part of the team is targeting overall performance, hence these recent improvements. Suggestions for what you could consider right now on your end to possibly improve performance are:

• Try setting the loading mode of your view and possibly others to blocking
  • Try setting the data to persistent, if it isn’t already
  • If loading is set to async, it’s possible that the updating of properties of already loaded views could hinder the loading performance of other views
  • Remove any gauge components, or update them less frequently. Less frequent updates and less components in general if at all possible.
  • If in the tables data a row or cell does not need to be a custom object, don’t make it one. Custom objects require additional processing.
  • Consider splitting the amount of data provided to the table up in some way

Close, it’s not Arial, but Noto-Sans. I’m no font expert though, so it’s hard for me to tell the difference. You can try including Roboto through theming. It’s fairly simple. I will post something a little later in the theming thread since this question has been brought up a lot. http://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/new-theming-update-major-visual-changes-in-perspective

To address your specific question about boldness. Use a font-weight of 700. That should get you what you need.

2 Likes