Bi-directional indirect parameter on embedded view

I have a view which contains a numeric entry component and a label. The view has a parameter tagPath, and the value of my numeric entry component uses indirect tag binding to {tagPath} (which is the reference for {view.params.tagPath}). The binding is bi-directional.

If I enter a valid path into the view tagPath parameter and test the display, I can read and write the value.

Now, I embed that view into another view, and pass the same tag path into its tagPath parameter. When I test the display, the value updates correctly but I cannot write to the tag.

Should this be possible, or do I need to try a different approach? The embedded view is clearly receiving the correct tag path, as it’s displaying and updating the correct tag value, so I can’t see why it would not be bi-directional as that part of the binding can’t be programmatically changed.

This should work, and it’s working for me…

Indirect binding:
51%20AM

Input param for Embedded View:
38%20AM

Before:

After:

If you’re okay with sending me the Views in question, I could take a look at them.

2 Likes

Thanks. When I’m back in the office I’ll create the structure again from scratch and test it again - now that I know it should work (and if it’s working for you), it’s quite possibly just something simple like a typo somewhere.

I created the objects from scratch and continued adding my required features until it broke. It turns out the issue I’m having is related to setting upper and lower bounds, which looks to be a bug. I searched the forum and couldn’t find any record of the issue being addressed, so I have created a new topic here

1 Like