[Bug-13550] Designer Launch Error

Hello !
I can`t load designer on my PC, i get error like in attachment 2019-04-12_14h00_57
Ignition 8.0.0 (b2019040718)
Windows 10

2019-04-12_14h00_57

Are you able to actually connect to the Gateway at the specified address in a browser? I’ve only ever seen this dialog appear in a few instances:

1. The Gateway was not started.
  2. I was blocked by firewall settings.
  3. The Gateway was still starting (immediately after commissioning)
1 Like
  1. http://localhost:8088/web/home?0 works for me
  2. Firewall disabled
  3. Gateway is running

I think that IP address is wrong, it is not my IP address, maybe taken from VPN networks.
Correct IP for this gateway is 192.168.2.117 or localhost

The IP which is shown in your screenshots - is it the IP listed for the Designer you’re trying to launch? Could you please post a photo of your Designer Launcher configuration? Something like this:

Errors happens before I can see this window.

1 Like

https://vimeo.com/330514008

It sounds like you might have set a “default” Application somehow. if you examine your .ignition/clientlauncher-data/designer-launcher.json file, do you see a value other than an empty String for global.default-application?
41%20AM
If so, change that value to be an empty String, and then try launching the Designer Launcher again.

Also, just to be clear, you have already downloaded and installed the Designer Launcher for 8.0.0 from your Gateway, correct - and you’re not using a 7.9.X Designer Launcher?

1 Like

I’ve had this error before: Sometimes the launcher picks the wrong IP address, and it never recognizes that a host is localhost unless 127.0.0.1 is the only address assigned. Even when it does use my true local IP, that’s useless if I happen to go to a coffee shop for the afternoon, since a 10.* will turn into a 192.* on the interface.

169.* is a special address that means “Automatic IP” when DHCP fails, so it’s almost certainly picking up an IP from an interface that isn’t actually connected to anything. Delete those and re-add them, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

2 Likes

I`m still using 7.9.x designers with clientluncher for my customer.

{
  "global": {
    "default.application": "Ignition-DF",
    "multicast.address": "231.1.1.1",
    "multicast.receive.port": 4446,
    "lock.configuration": false,
    "logger.level": "TRACE",
    "client.defaults": {
      "timeout": 30,
      "retries": -1,
      "init.heap": null,
      "max.heap": null,
      "use.custom.jre": null,
      "custom.jre.path": null,
      "jvm.arguments": [
        "-server -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:+UseG1GC"
      ],
      "client.tag.overrides": {}
    },
    "autoexit": false
  },
  "applications": [
    {
      "name": "Ignition-DF",
      "description": null,
      "main.class": null,
      "gateway.info": {
        "gateway.name": "Ignition-DF",
        "gateway.address": "http://169.254.139.42:8088",
        "redundant.gateways": []
      },
      "window.mode": null,
      "timeout": 30,
      "screen": null,
      "retries": -1,
      "init.heap": null,
      "max.heap": null,
      "sun.java2d.d3d": null,
      "sun.java2d.noddraw": null,
      "jvm.arguments": [
        "-server -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:+UseG1GC"
      ],
      "last.updated": 1541488977765,
      "client.tag.overrides": {},
      "image.path": null,
      "fallback.application": "",
      "use.custom.jre": null,
      "custom.jre.path": null
    }
  ]
}

Two things here:

1. You do indeed have a default application set for the Designer Launcher (“Ignition-DF”), which means that it will always attempt to open that Designer first. Removing Ignition-DF from between the quotes will allow you to once again access the Designer Launcher, though it’s odd that you were unable to reach the Launcher after failing to connect…
  2. The 7.9.X Designer Launchers don’t work with 8.0.0 - you’ll want to download the new Launcher from your 8.0.0 Gateway. More can be found on why here

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.3 nightly build that was uploaded today (6/17).