[BUG] Username text

If this is a repost, I apologize, couldn’t find anything similar. The ‘Username’, ‘Password’, ‘Login’ is displayed weird…
This only happens on a client running on a pc with Java 8 installed. Displays this launching from Client Launcher or launching from Designer. If I run the client from the gateway which doesn’t have a separate Java installed, it displays whats expected.

Once logged in, everything seems to display fine, just the login page is off.

I think this got fixed but requires a bunch of caches to be emptied… let me verify real quick.

This has been fixed and will be in the 8.0.1 release. To prevent it now you should be able to do so by installing the Roboto font on the system the client is running on.

1 Like

Just curious, seems like a lot of bug fixes are coming out in 8.0.1, is there an anticipated release for that?Do you recommend waiting for that stable release to run 8?

You can find it here:

Be careful. Make good backups and try it on a test system. See my response in that thread if you're wondering why I said that.

8.0.1 should be released ~4 weeks from the 8.0.0 release. (and 8.0.2 ~4 weeks after that, and so on…)

I would make sure you’ve got a separate dev environment set up for testing/using/developing on Ignition 8 for a while.

4 Likes