Database Connection Error

Hi, I have an application that has been running for a few years and the customer call me today to let me know they stop collecting data. I check the database connection and I have an error. With the following msg:

Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: “No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)”.)

Any ideas nothing has change on the app, not sure if anything change on the computer other applications have access to the SQL Server

What version of Ignition is it?

If it’s 7.9 or older then my first guess about what changed would be that a Java update on the server happened.

Yes version 7.9.17

I uninstalled the java and installed the java version that was originally installed with the system and made sure the java version did not auto update.

Thanks

Would an automatic java update occur in Linux?

It could as part of an OS update.

See this topic, and especially the part about disabled protocols in java.security.

(You really shouldn't hold back a java update, though I don't generally allow them to apply automatically.)