[Feature-15996] Ignition Launchers use ~/.ignition instead of AppData

Ditto over here. (Vision Client Launcher Deployment Issues)

With the 7.x client launcher this all worked smoothly, we put the clientlauncher.exe NEXT to the clientlauncher-data folder and the jre folder next to the clientlauncher.exe and all worked happy. I built installers with InnoScript and we use our corporate IT tools to deploy, works great. I put everything into C:\ProgramData and give users r/w to the clientlauncher-data folder so local changes to the preferences stick around.

With visionclientlauncher.exe I am finding you need the .exe and the jre IN the clientlauncher-data folder. I hope this is a bug, because in this case it is harder to control permissions, I only want PC admins to be able to modify or move the JRE and visionclientlauncher.exe. If those have to be within the clientlauncher-data folder it makes the install easier to break and permissions harder to maintain.

As for the above issue I am getting the exact same error when trying to launch a client. Sure enough, if I copy the lunchclient.jar from my custom clientlauncher-data folder to the ~.ignition\clientlauncher-data folder the launch happens fineā€¦