Ignition Designer Launcher Error

Every time I try to launch my Ignition Designer, I get a “Launch Error Occurred” message. “Java process launch failed with error code 1: Error: could not open…”

I’ve updated and configured my Java settings, so I’m not really sure what else to do…?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Same error for me after updating to 8.1.2

I am getting this error as well. Design Launcher log shows:

INFO [GatewayConnect ] [2021/03/02 21:52:16]: Attempting to connect to gateway http://localhost:8088
INFO [LaunchUtil ] [2021/03/02 21:52:17]: Starting Java with the following parameters: C:\Users\franc.ignition\cache\resources\runtimes\11.0.9\bin\java.exe -classpath C:\Users\franc.ignition\clientlauncher-data\launchclient.jar -Djavaws.sr.gateway.addr.0=http://localhost:8088 -Djavaws.sr.launchts=1614750737680 -Djavaws.sr.main=com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerStartupHook -Djavaws.sr.platform.edition= -Djavaws.sr.platform.plugins= -Xms64M -Xmx1024M -Djavaws.sr.memory.init=64M -Djavaws.sr.memory.max=1024M -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=false -Djavaws.sr.screen=0 -Djavaws.sr.scope=D com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.BootstrapSwing
ERROR [LaunchUtil ] [2021/03/02 21:52:19]: Launch Error Occurred: Java process launch failed with error code 1: Error: could not open `C:\Users\franc.ignition\cache\resources\runtimes\11.0.9\lib\jvm.cfg’

I am getting the same error on version 8.1.2. No solution yet…

Update, found the solution to my issue on another thread:

7 Likes

I had the same issue but it was not in the same place.
I had to go to C:\Users\username.ignition. User name represents the name of the user on the computer. I deleted the Cache file and it worked.

1 Like

My PC updated and now I get this error when trying to open designer launcher.

Thank you this solved my issue

While I am trying to launch my Ignition Client launcher, I got one popup of “Launch Error Occurred” ,

MicrosoftTeams-image (2)

Please find the screenshot given above

Thanks!

How much memory is the designer set to use? (In the gateway’s settings.)

How much memory does your workstation have?

8GB Memory!

You didn’t answer both questions. Also, for the workstation, it matters how much is free.

Report this setting from the gateway:

And these settings from the Vision project you are launching:

4 GB is used in designer memory and client memory !
client
desi

Ok, now how much free memory do you have in the workstation?

Hi, I trying to lunched design this error do appear

Try going to that path and deleting the 11.0.16 folder. It will force a fresh download of the runtine.

1 Like

Thank you. It works for me!

This also solved my same issue...
Thank you !!