Ignition OPC UA server just configured to listen on loopback?

Hi Looks like the internal OPC UA server is just exposed on the loopback and so it is not accessible from an OPC UA from others machines. I tried to configure the endpoint to listen on the public IP4 address of the Edge gateway, but the server fails to start. So it is possible to configure this OPC UA server to access it remotely?

Thanks

I vaguely recall seeing a comment that Edge has that limitation. A full Ignition gateway can certainly be configured to listen on the external address.

Was there an error message?

Where did you make a config change?

Thanks Kevin.

Edited endpoint URL and discovery URL. The server is running on a RPI4 accessible at 192.168.0.46.

The error is

You’re modifying the wrong settings. You’ve changed the settings for the “loopback” client connection to Ignition’s own OPC UA Server.

If you have a version of Edge that allows you to change the bind address away from localhost it would be under OPC UA > Server Settings in the gateway.

Kevin, I have been able to make this work using the computers IP address as the bind address, the IP from the WiFi for internet access.

I’ve tried using the IP address from the VPN to our cloud infrastructure but it won’t ever connect.
The local computer, local ignition, local OPC (changed from localhost to VPN IP) but after all that it won’t connect (the local Ignition to the local OPC).

Any suggestions on this?

Use 0.0.0.0 as the bind address. Not sure exactly what else you’re asking about though. You should probably start a new topic where you throughly explain your setup.

New topic here.