Omron Driver for Ignition update?

Been a while since I’ve heard anything. Any news on a new driver?

Hoping to have an NJ driver before or with the 7.8 release.

FINS ethernet for the CJ series… can’t say with any certainty.

Dang. About to riot. :wink:

LOL :laughing:

Which one are you more interested in? NJ? CJ? Both?

As a Canadian what can I say? We do get upset at times. :open_mouth:

[size=50]actually, if you want a bigger one, google the Winnipeg General Strike. We’ve calmed down a lot in 96 years :stuck_out_tongue: [/size]

Sorry, Kevin. didn’t see the lower portion of your post…

FINS for CJ is what we’re most looking for.

Of course, I wouldn’t complain if you tossed in Host Link over encapsulated Ethernet, too… :wink:

It seems Omron NJ will launch with built in OPC-UA server. I noticed there was a prototype at the OPC booth in the Hannover Fair a couple of weeks ago.

Drivers for Omron FINS, Omron EIP and NJ-protocol would be really useful, and really open up europe and scandinavia as an Ignition market.

Alright, @Kevin.Herron, I’m bumping this again! :mrgreen:

I may be able to get another server put together to upgrade an old FSQL project. If this (and new 7.8 features) can streamline things even further, that would be nice. :thumb_right:

[quote=“pat.stave”]It seems Omron NJ will launch with built in OPC-UA server. I noticed there was a prototype at the OPC booth in the Hannover Fair a couple of weeks ago.

Drivers for Omron FINS, Omron EIP and NJ-protocol would be really useful, and really open up europe and scandinavia as an Ignition market.[/quote]

The NJ is already available, and there is no built-in OPC-UA server… but if that happens then AWESOME!

Jordan: Omron NJ driver is almost ready… eh. uh… almost. Really though.

CJ driver was never promised outside the forum and thus is further behind :thumb_left: :thumb_left: :laughing: :laughing:

Heh. No worries, Kevin. Just trying to poke the bear! :laughing:

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]The NJ is already available, and there is no built-in OPC-UA server… but if that happens then AWESOME!

Jordan: Omron NJ driver is almost ready… eh. uh… almost. Really though.

CJ driver was never promised outside the forum and thus is further behind :thumb_left: :thumb_left: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

Okay… so… how almost is almost? Not that I’m impatient or anything. :mrgreen:

QA has their hands on it…

any updates??

Interested in the FINS for CJx CPU.

[quote=“GreggCava”]any updates??

Interested in the FINS for CJx CPU.[/quote]

Still going back and forth with QA on the NJ driver.

No work happening on FINS right now, unfortunately.

Haven’t brought it up in a while, so here goes… [deep breath]
@Kevin.Herron, any updates for a FINS driver?

Also, for reviving an old thread:

1 Like

The OPC UA server and driver API are being overhauled in Ignition 8.0 and we’re not building any new drivers until they can be built on top of the new stuff.

1 Like

I realize that 8.0 is still in Beta, not released yet but, any projections on when the Omron CJ drivers will be available?

The most realistic timeline would be a FINS driver in 8.1.

I just want to go on record as saying I didn’t bring it up this time. :grin:

2 Likes

You put someone up to it?