Scaling Ignition's designer

Hello,
Is there any workaround for DPI scaling the designer??
I’m currently using Win10 with UHD resolution and it is quite small…

I am testing the latest Ignition’s software (7.8).

Reposting a workaround detailed here: ideas.inductiveautomation.com/fo ... pi-scaling

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]Reposting a workaround detailed here: ideas.inductiveautomation.com/fo … pi-scaling

[quote]
If you’re willing to get your hands dirty, you can modify a Java 8 installation to work correctly on high-dpi displays.

Use a program that can modify EXE manifests like restuner.com/.

Open your JRE’s copies of java.exe and javaw.exe, and modify their manifest’s setting for true to
false

And then launch through the native client launcher.
[/quote][/quote]
Thanks for your reply Kevin,
Followed your instructions but I still see everything very small.
I modified java, javaw, javaws and changed the values to false to the xml node “dpiAware”.
Downloaded the native client launcher (I even modified the manifest of clientlauncher.exe and pasted the configuration nodes that are in the java exe files) but nothing.
Do I need to specify resolution and DPI information in manifest??
Thanks

Have you rebooted?

I don’t know any more than what was posted - but this procedure did work for me. You’re starting the designer from the native launcher at this point, right?

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]Have you rebooted?

I don’t know any more than what was posted - but this procedure did work for me. You’re starting the designer from the native launcher at this point, right?[/quote]
Did the reboot and nothing.
I couldnt figure out why it was not working, took a break and today I started all over again.

Restored the files that I modified.
Searched for the exe files that you mentioned in the previous post and modified only those.
Then I thought to search for java.exe and javaw.exe in other locations and I found out that there are other copies in a diferent location:
…\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_92\bin
…\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_92\jre\bin
Modified the manifest on each directory, rebooted and that did the trick!

I didn’t have to download the client launcher again.

Thanks again!

For what it’s worth, Java 9 is supposed to add high DPI support to Swing. So… maybe next year some time this mess will be sorted.

For those still having this issue, you can get around the lack of support for “DPIAware=false” in Java 8 by adding this entry in the resources section of your project’s .jnlp file:

<property name="sun.java2d.dpiaware" value="false"/>

Save and launch!

Cheers!
Oscar.

2 Likes