Ubuntu 20.04, 20.10 designerlauncher.desktop Issue Launching

Ubuntu Desktop 20.04.2 LTS
Linux 5.8.0-44-generic
Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
mariadb Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.25-MariaDB

This is just a work around to continue the course for those that are having the same issue. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this correctly.

I was unable to get Designer Launcher to start from ‘designerlauncher.desktop’. It maybe am not setting it up right.
I did do some research and discovered a application that check the syntax of .desktop. It came back with many errors. I tried to correct the issue unsuccessfully, but did get it down to three errors.
Then i attempted to start it by going to the directory where ‘designerlauncher.sh’ exist and issue the command;

sh ./designerlauncher.sh

Designer Launcher started up but i got one warning/error, but seem to operate okay

./designerlauncher.sh: 4: Bad substitution

Right, wrong, or indifferent, i modified the designerlauncher.desktop as follows;

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=true
Icon=/home/%user/ignition/designerlauncher/app/launcher.png
Name=Designer Launcher
Exec=java -jar /home/%user/ignition/designerlauncher/app/launcher-designer-linux.jar
Path=./

‘My Designers’ comes up and appear to work. I created a test project and start it and that seem to start correctly. But when i went to ‘My Designer’ and create a shortcut for the project, it writes the path incorrectly. If i correct the path the short cut works, and ‘Ignition Designer’ opens up, but does not open project without me clicking on it

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Icon=/home/%user/.ignition/clientlauncher-data/DesignerIcon.png
Name=Ignition-Linux-Windows-2
Exec=sh -c '"/home/%user/ignition/designerlauncher/app/designerlauncher.sh" -Dapp.home=/home/%user/.ignition/clientlauncher-data -Dapplication=Ignition-Linux-Windows-2 &'

Not sure if this is relevant (I haven’t had enough caffeine yet), but have you seen my take on this topic?
Best practices for 8.1 Designer Launcher install on Linux?