Alert Summary Table: What am I missing?

Are you saying version 7.3 will definately have this? If so, is there a beta version now? Will 7.3 have the AutoCAD import feature? Is there a list of changes that will be available with the next release?

With version 7.2, can I setup a table in a database that the summary table can read from? That would allow me to use more descriptive information in the alarm summary.

Thanks,
Ronnie

There isn’t a beta yet, and I don’t have a list off hand (though we probably should make one soon).

In 7.3, alerts are getting modified a bit, to set up even better things later on. One of those changes is to add user defined properties onto them. I’m not exactly sure how that will play along with the alert status table, but you should be able to add and view data such as your “Control Panel #”.

As it is, one thing you could do would be to create a table with additional info, as you mentioned, and then also set up alert logging in the database. Through the alert log you can derive the current status- so if I were you, I would build my own “alert status table” in Ignition with a normal database and a sql query which summarized the log and joined it to the additional information.

For example, you could select all of the currently active alerts by searching the log for “clear_time=null”.

Hope this helps,