ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on Client Launch

I am trying to open an ignition client that is connected to the network. When I try to launch the vision client with auto login, I get a pop up with the following.

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0.

Any help is appreciated !

Unfortunately, you haven’t give enough context to the error message for us to really be able to help. There should be more detail than this with the error message, that will tell where it occurred.

At the very least a screen snip of the error dialog box would help.

Thanks for your reply

I just encountered the same error on recovery from a power outage. This was on a project set to auto-login as mentioned in @Ignition_Newbie’s first post above.

Error details
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
	at org.python.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readStringish(ClassReader.java:3493)
	at org.python.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readClass(ClassReader.java:3508)
	at org.python.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(ClassReader.java:430)
	at org.python.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(ClassReader.java:400)
	at org.python.core.AnnotationReader.<init>(AnnotationReader.java:47)
	at org.python.core.imp.readCodeData(imp.java:387)
	at org.python.core.imp.createFromPyClass(imp.java:284)
	at org.python.core.imp.createFromPyClass(imp.java:255)
	at org.python.core.imp.loadFromSource(imp.java:929)
	at org.python.core.imp.find_module(imp.java:769)
	at org.python.core.imp.import_next(imp.java:1158)
	at org.python.core.imp.import_first(imp.java:1198)
	at org.python.core.imp.load(imp.java:1016)
	at org.python.core.PySystemState.initializeCodecState(PySystemState.java:374)
	at org.python.core.PySystemState.getCodecState(PySystemState.java:360)
	at org.python.core.codecs.setDefaultEncoding(codecs.java:42)
	at org.python.core.PySystemState.setdefaultencoding(PySystemState.java:536)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.createUtf8PySystemState(ScriptManager.java:257)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.<init>(ScriptManager.java:134)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.<init>(ScriptManager.java:113)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientContextImpl.startup(ClientContextImpl.java:359)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientPanel.startupApp(ClientPanel.java:846)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientPanel.onProjectDownloadFinished(ClientPanel.java:820)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.DownloadProjectPane.lambda$new$0(DownloadProjectPane.java:72)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenComplete(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniWhenComplete.tryFire(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.complete(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.DownloadProjectPane$DownloadProject.run(DownloadProjectPane.java:111)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:33)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v8.1.18 (b2022061518)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.15```

Restarting the gateway resolved the issue and clients connected as usual.

Same error and same solution applied. ---- Restart the gateway ---

I have some clients running the application.
One of them shows the error. This client has two windows users. With only one of these windows users signed in , when the application starts and try to auto login, the same message is shown. If I sign out and sign in in to the PC with the other windows user, the application works great.