Audio Announcement of Alarms

Well, our voice notification module uses text-to-speech for alarm message phone calls. Were you looking for local annunciation?

Ties back into this thread

Yep Jordan is correct. Essentially playing back the TTS through speakers on a pc.
Not just pre-recorded but through scripting.

There are two requests/ideas that come up:

1. Using a SIP compatible loudspeaker to do annunciation. This would require the ability to create and specify a different “script” for the call. Or…
  2. Using the audio system on the client to play text-to-speech, rendered on the gateway.

I think they’re both good ideas. We don’t really have the time in the next month or so to tackle this, but maybe we can get back to it after the ICC…

Regards,

did anything ever come of this?
We use voice alarms extensively in another scada system but that uses static wav files on alarm conditions.
I would much rather be able to do text to speech on alarm conditions.

Checking back in on this again. This project came up again for me. I have the serial port controlling a base station radio. Looks like my only option is playing wav files…how about access to tts engine???

This would be a module we would be willing to pay for if any of you module developers out there are reading this :grin:

I wonder if this has moved any. I would love for this to work over the PA system.
I have 10 plants that are in desperate need of a solution like this.

The feature Colby mentioned here is actually now possible (as of 7.9.12/8.0.2) - if you blank out the acknowledgement related fields in the script for a voice notification profile, the system will skip past those options and 'call out' directly to a SIP system with no user feedback required, which makes it suitable for use with PA system(s).

1 Like