[BUG-11342] Perspective - Can't draw any shapes

Yeah, you are right, I was looking at the Icons for which I have to restart the Designer, silly me. The images can be imported as you suggested without restarting. I think I just had messed up the SVG files I was trying to create from scratch and they weren’t working right. Third party app for SVG drawing does produce files that work correctly. Thanks for the feedback and advice.

Not sure if worth mentioning, that if you do use Inkscape, you should save your SVGs as an Optimised SVG and not as an Inkscape SVG. It pulls all the crap out of the file.

I use these settings fwiw:
Edit: uncheck the top option, don't remove unused ids

Edit: maybe should uncheck the convert css to XML option

11 Likes

Finally,

This is not like in vision but it's a good start

Not sure what you mean, Vision doesnt have a piping tool at all?

yes but piping could be use to simplify line drawing (for the echo that i have. I did not test it).
After that i hope they will move forward to draw like in vision.

Hi,

Just wondering where I set ''vector-effect: non-scaling-stroke"?

Regards,

Josh

I’m assuming that you’re using it for an SVG that you’ve imported. In that case, you need to add it to the style property in the element that you want it to apply to. I can’t remember if it applies to child elements or only to its own element, so you may need to apply it in the base element or each base element

1 Like

thank you!

How do you get the piping visualization?

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Perspective+Pipes

Ensure you are version 8.1.10 or above and the Piping Visualization Tool will be in the Perspective Tool Bar (see the User Manual for screenshot).

We are using 8.1.0
Upgrading to 8.1.10, does that effect anything that we currently have done?

Possibly. As with all upgrades you will need to test your project afterwards. One thing springs to mind and that’s a change to tag qualities. They now contain more descriptive text at the end, so if you are comparing quality strings to values e.g. “Bad_Disabled” then these expressions will be invalid now and need to be updated

10 4

No, 8.1.15 :laughing:

1 Like

lol

Glad to use piping function.

Does it take too much resources if I place a hundred piping element in one view?

probably yes, better make a single svg out of that then. or even better an img

Very good advice. Than you.

So... 4 1/2 years later I have the same problem as Nick. Attempting to draw shapes in Perspective just results in a rectangular selection box.

Is drawing a line, rectangle or circle supported yet?

1 Like

Not yet.

Any major revelations at this point will be reserved for the ICC in September.

Long overdue feature. Optimistic they will knock it out of the park like they did with the overhauled tag search tool (which also took YEARS to be created).