[Bug-2323] number conversion Gateway locale(?)

So changing the locale (or the date formatting in the current locale) will only change the behavior of being able to make saving the simulator program work in a reliable manner. In the following screen recording, you will see the following:

1. Initially my Windows system is configured to start an Ignition service as my user tester that is setup for a French locale, with French data formatting.
  2. I display the simulator program in this context on the server itself and on my local system which has English configured for everything. You can see that both the local browser and the server browser aren’t allowing me to change the value and see it properly in the program.
  3. I change the Data formatting for the user the service is set to use to English (American) and then restart the Ignition service.
  4. After a restart of the Ignition service, both browsers (Gateway and remote) will allow the program to be updated properly.

For the Designer/Client, the locale is inherited from the system that starts the application and it won’t inherit it from the Gateway. As the issue you are seeing is the value is not being set correctly by the simulator itself which is only processed on the Gateway, what I showed above should resolve the issue.

Garth

1 Like