[BUG] XY Chart Candlestick

I was able to get this working (after requesting some help form the Dev who implemented the chart). Here are the important pieces for setting up a “standard” candlestick chart:

Underlying data:

The object for each data entry will need to supply five pieces of data: date, high, low, open, close. Going forward in my example, we will use those five values as keys.
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.38.11 AM

Axes:

I have only one entry for xAxes and one entry for yAxes. My xAxes entry is named “dateAxis”, and my yAxes entry is named “valuation”.

Series:

With those aforementioned settings in place, the following configuration displayed a candlestick chart.

• Note that series.data.y is set to close, and that there is no candlestick.close property. I have no idea why it was implemented this way, but I suspect it was because the underlying library probably requires a y value be supplied, and so in some way it made sense to default to that y value for the close. :man_shrugging:
    Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 9.34.53 AM

Result:

Known issue:

We are aware of this issue reported recently in regard to the “low” value always appearing to be 0.

2 Likes