Building new module in Maven

The .modl is really a .zip file. Change the extension and you can unzip it and see the contents. It’s likely you are including extra libraries in one and not the other.

Hi Kathy,
Yes I tried to compare the two as zip files. The maven version of .modl contain the lib files for common, gateway-api’s and log4j api’s in addition to the build jar file and model.xml files which are common and are pf comparable size. I wonder why the api jar files are required while installing as these can be taken from the Ignition version where the model is being installed. Perhaps to take care of version differences between version specified in Maven build and the Installed one!

Perhaps you can throw some light on how it works! should we specify the version in build same as our target Ignition version?

regards
Prafull

If you’re using the “provided” scope for those dependencies, they shouldn’t be included. (Remember that child POMs will over ride the parent POM if you have things redeclared there.) Check through all your POMs to see where those dependencies are getting compiled in.

And use the current version of the Ignition Maven Plugin. I think it’s 1.0.11 or 1.0.12. I remember seeing dependency problems in an older version.

One pom file (GCM-gateway.pom) had two “provided” scope in two dependencies. I removed the two “provided” scopes from the GCM-gateway.pom file and built the project again, it still generates a large .modl file! (about 4mb!). The Ignition Maven Plugin version I specified is 1.0.11.

Bye the way , which version of Ignition SDK I should specify in poms (7.8.0 or 7.8.3)? It seems to build with both.

regards
prafull

Sorry, I realize my reference for “they” was unclear. If you use “provided”, the jars shouldn’t be included. If you take provided out, the jars will be included. Something in your poms is getting those jars included, and you’ll need to trace through and debug it.

Yes I included “provided” in all the dependencies (common, gateway, log4j) and the .modl file size is small now as in the previous version!

Thanks a lot.

best regards
prafull