Change easy chart axis property in script

I created a memory tag "[client]UI/USERS/Sensors/ezchart_auto_range"

Under "Chart Configuration" for EZChart, I went to Axes and clicked on "Dataset Editor", copied to clipboard, and modified it (per this posting) to use my tag instead of a fixed value.

"#NAMES"
"NAME","LABEL","TYPE","LABEL_COLOR","TICK_LABEL_COLOR","TICK_MARK_COLOR","POSITION","INVERT","AUTO_RANGE","AUTO_RANGE_INCL_ZERO","AUTO_RANGE_MARGIN","LOWER_BOUND","UPPER_BOUND","AUTO_TICK_UNITS","TICK_UNIT","GRID_UNIT","NUMBER_FORMAT","LOG_LABEL_STYLE","SYMBOL_STRING","GRID_BANDS_VISIBLE","GRID_BAND_COLOR","GRID_BAND_ALTERNATE_COLOR"
"#TYPES"
"str","str","str","clr","clr","clr","I","B","B","B","D","D","D","B","D","D","str","str","str","B","clr","clr"
"#ROWS","1"
"MoirePSI","PSI","Numeric","color(0,0,0,255)","color(0,0,0,255)","color(0,0,0,255)","0","false","[client]UI/USERS/Sensors/ezchart_auto_range","false","0.05","-16.0","16.0","false","1.0","10.0","","normal","","false","color(232,234,232,128)","color(0,0,0,0)"

However, when I try to paste this back into Designer, I get following error:

ClassCastException: Error trying to coerce '[client]ui/users/sensors/ezchart_auto_range' to a number.

I tried boolean and integer types for my memory tag and {} around its reference in dataset editor, but error is always the same. I'm too tired (on daily basis) to try doing much scripting, so looking for simpler way.

I'm using Ignition v8.1.35 (b2023120517)