Chart overlays

still shows the PM i tried to send in my outbox… is that normal? :smiley:

Yeah, it stays there until I read it, which was right now.

Chris,

After our call, I began thinking - we’re barking up the wrong tree. here we are bending over backwards doing tricks to try to make our data conform to how the chart wants it, but we really should try and fix the initial problem - use standard historical groups instead of block groups. I know you said they weren’t executing fast enough, but I think that should be a solvable problem.

So, some questions along that route:

1. How is the data coming out of your PLC5s? Is it an Allen Bradley sidecar? Net/ENI? Something else?
  2. What kind of network is it? 10base-T, 100base-T?
  3. You mentioned you had 7000 active tags in kepware. What are they being used for? What is their poll rates? How many tags per processor (if more than 1)
  4. Are there other HMIs talking to the processor(s)?
  5. If possible, send us your kepware project (*.opf file)

Thanks,

Carl,

I don't have ALL the answers but I'm hoping David gets my message tonight and can post more CONCRETE answers for you.

There is an adapter on the processor itself. I believe a SERIAL to ETHERNET adaptor.

I Believe it is a 10base

We have all of our alarms setup as tags in Kep. I believe we have nearly 2500 just for alarms CURRENTLY, but we will adding to it eventually i believe.

We also have many other tags for temperatures, pressures, setpoints..., things of that nature.

Yes, we have PanelViews for each line. We also have an HP server that collects data SIMILAR to what we are trying to do, but it does not get ALL the data we would like. We also MSG and BTR/BTW from FLEX racks and OTHER PLC's.

As far as that goes, I do not believe i have an UPTO date version here, yet I DO have the FSQL project that i will upload that may give you some insite.
KepDAQ Profile.opf (804 KB)
FSQL Project.fsp (95 KB)

Ok hey Carl, just to clear up a few issues,
1.The data comes into kep through a plc ethernet sidecar @ 10mbps
2. We have several HMI’s talking to the processor along with a maintenance terminal, (thats it through the sidecar)
3.We can send Kep project tomorrow.
Everything else is accurate.
Thanks for the help,
David McCutchen

Kep Profile
KepDAQ Profile.opf (808 KB)

Alright, we looked through your files, and have some questions:

1. you have a bunch of groups configured how I would like to see those 5-sec block groups configured, that is, they are historical groups running every 5 seconds. Are these groups running “on time”? If so, then we need to figure out what is different about the “5-sec” batch history data that is bogging everything down.

2. Is there a switch or a hub between these plcs?

3. FYI - Your easiest solution at this point is to log the PLC’s clock time along with the other batch info so we can use the easy chart.