Connection Problem

It sounds like the desktop link must have the wrong address cached. Try clearing the Java cache (Control Panel>Java>General>Temporary Internet Files- Settings>Delete), which should remove the shortcut, and then launch from the gateway to re-create it. Then see if you still have a problem.

Regards,[/quote]

I did that and it worked ok, but now it is doing the same thing again just a few hours later. I can call in and let you take a look at it if you wish?

[quote]I have been error free for 3 days now. Here is what I did, in case it may help.

In the Redundancy I unselected the “Autodetect HTTP Address” and added the server and port info into the “HTTP Addreses” space right below. Then cleared the Java all out on the clients and it has worked. I sure hope I did not just Jinx myself…[/quote]

I tried this and so far it works, but it has only been a few minutes.

before doing this I even tried running the beta, but the issue was still there. in my case, none of the links would work other than the link from the main page. Not sure what happened since 7.1, but I had never had an issue like this until I upgraded to 7.2.4

diat150,

It is still working fine for me also. As a note I put in a DNS name and IP, so it had 2 chances.

PS> In Denver I was back row ( IT GUY) where did you sit, I should then be able to put a face with name?

I remember you. I was in the front row on your right. name is Albert

Albert,

Jim here. I know who you are now.

Lets hope this fix works for you, mine has worked great since I put that in.

Jim

I hope so. I had a potential customer try and log into the demo I built them yesterday, then this issue popped up. So it casted some doubt from the start.

I can’t say why it works but it doe’s. At least by hard setting it you know what its pointing at for sure.

On my system I ran into this when I upgraded to 7.2.3(4). The server does have 3 network cards and a number of static routes and I noticed the clients were binding to the wrong address some of the time. Hence for me, Setting the ‘bind to’ address on the gateway solved the issue for me.

Ok, I upgraded to 7.24 and have had several problems. At first the apps wouldn’t lanch at all from the clients, but after talking with Bobby we upgraded to Java 1.6 on one PC and the apps now will at least launch from the gateway page, but won’t launch from the desktop shortcut (we get the SocketTimeoutException error in Diat150’s post above). I had the user delete the desktop shortcut and cach again, but no go.

I won’t be in the plant until later, but I’ll try unchecking Atodetect HTTP Address. I assume this will require a restart of the gateway?

Also, a couple of other questions:

1. Is Java V1.6 required on the clients for Ignition V 7.2? Or was it a combination of things that got it working last week?
  2. If V1.6 is required, is it hard to roll back to V7.19? There are over a thousand clients in the building running V1.5 (they are not upgraded automatically), and rolling back is the best option.

Thanks!

After the change you have to click the confirm button. On my test system and looking at the wrapper log file, it does not appear to go through a full restart.

I then cleared the java cache on client and all seemed to work, and has worked fine since. Maybe Diat150 will chime in if all worked for him.

Ok, I tried setting the http address, but no matter what I enter for the address, I get a big red error at the top of the page that starts with “Could not locate error message for component:CheckBox@config-contents:form…”. I got the ports (8088 and 8043) from the gateay utility, and have tried every format I could think of for the address (except the right one, I guess).

How should I enter the address?

edit: Here’s the full error text:
“Could not locate error message for component: CheckBox@config-contents:form:autoDetectHTTP and error: [ValidationError message=[null], keys=[Config.Cluster.Clustering.HttpAddressRequired, RedundancyPage$4], variables=[[label0=autoDetectHTTP],[name0=autoDetectHTTP],[input0=null]]]. Tried keys: autoDetectHTTP.Config.Cluster.Clustering.HttpAddressRequired, Config.Cluster.Clustering.HttpAddressRequired, autoDetectHTTP.RedundancyPage$4, RedundancyPage$4.”

It can’t locate the correct error to show you, but if it could, it would say “You must enter an address”.

When you put an address in, you must click the “add” button to the right of the text box to actually add it to the list. I suspect you’re not doing this, so you’re actually submitting an empty list.

Regards,

Duhh, gotcha. Never even saw the “add” button. The cost of doing too many things at once.

Any idea on the java issue and if I can roll back if necessary?

That is the error you will get as Colby said.

I am not sure on the Java roll back.

Jim

About the Java 6 issue- we noticed a problem with our build process that wasn’t properly restricting the clients to Java 5. We still only require 5 for the clients, but you’ll need to get version 7.2.5 to make sure that there aren’t any problems.

The latest beta should have the fix, and the final 7.2.5 will be released later today.

Regards,