Convert Easy Chart .selectedXValue to Date

I vaguely recall not doing that for some specific reason. I'll revisit it.

Another nice to have would be to have the ‘Trace Timestamp’ property work when the chart is in Mark mode.

Are you seeing anything similar on your end?

Guess I can just do this with single click, not a big issue.

Not going to happen anytime soon. I completely rewrote X-Trace mode to support the current feature set. Mark mode passes through to the native chart UI for control and rendering. I'd have to completely rewrite mark mode, too. /-:

1 Like

Another nice to have would be to improve the ‘Date Style’ and ‘Time Style’ editable properties. Currently we only have a choice between Auto/MDY/DMY/YMD. Our company made the decision a while ago to use a non ambiguous date format but I cannot conform to this.

I pass these through from the stock chart implementations. If IA changes these, the same functionality will come through in NoteChart. Might want to note this on ideas.inductiveautomation.com.

1 Like

Another nice to have would be custom properties. I’m guessing you pass these through from stock chart implementations too?

I submitted this here for anyone to vote for:
https://ideas.inductiveautomation.com/ignition-features-and-ideas/p/add-custom-properties-for-easy-chart

Yes, I just pass that stuff through. If IA adds it to the EasyChart, it’ll show up in the EasyNoteChart automatically.

Ahhhh I am feeling a little déjà vu - my apologies, I was using .selectedXValue on some older stuff that I had not updated since purchasing NoteCharts - Thanks!

This is a little unfortunate because when it is in Mark mode and you click on a point in the chart, the timestamp is displayed.

I keep finding applications where the user would like to make a note on particular data points. Zooming in and putting a note near the datapoint is a little janky.

Could you not just add a new property called Mark Timestamp and somehow bind to the Mark mode displayed timestamp?

No, it’s not that simple. The true timestamp that drives traceTS is only available with NoteChart because I completely rewrote X-Trace mode. I’m not accessing an underlying timestamp from the original selectedXValue at all–that isn’t accessible. I’d have to completely rewrite Marker mode to do what you ask. Not on my to-do list. Sorry.