Database, Tag History Error Issues

So, I ended up solving the problem and was able to revert back to Ignition 8.

As it turns out, the gateway backup from 7.9.10 does bring drivers that do work with Ignition 8.0, even if they are older. The auth .dll file that was posted above from the KBA for the older version also works fine.

The newer versions from the vendor do not work! Any combination of those tended to fail on me.

The problem I actually had was that the Ignition Gateway service in services.msc was re-initialized and the user log-on property that was there had to be refreshed and saved. After that, the service was stopped/started. With the older gateway SQL Server drivers (and same user log-on with Windows Auth), and the related auth .dll file, the databases successfully connected!

Thanks for the help @PGriffith! Hopefully that helps someone else out in the future.

Cheers,
Roger

1 Like

Interesting. What version(s) of SQL Server do you have?

Looks like it is this (via: SELECT @@version;):

Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP2) (KB4052908) - 13.0.5026.0 (X64)   
Mar 18 2018 09:11:49   
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  
Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2016 Standard 10.0 <X64> (Build 14393: ) (Hypervisor) 

You guys are dealing with bigger issues, but I just wanted to mention that errors storing data flooding the logs was fixed on 3/2. Any errors on history storage are logged on debug, and will soon be exposed through tag diagnostics.

3 Likes

I'm using SQL Server 2017, which may be why I needed the newer dll's and you didn't.

I also had to run the Ignition Gateway service with a specific login (rather than the system login) to connect.

1 Like