Docked Window Size not correct on Client with Vision

I’m having a hard time figuring out why my docked window’s size isn’t adjusting its size as I open up the client. The main screen seems to be scaling correctly. I don’t understand why the buttons on my docked window are bunched up in the middle.

In Project Properties, I have min size set to 800X600. In the vision property editor I have the dock position set to west. I’ve tried adjusting the properties for the project and the properties for this window and it doesn’t improve anything. Any suggestions?

Also, here is a screenshot of how I have the window properties set

Thanks a bunch

Your window is fine - you need to set the components inside of it to the correct behavior (what that is is up to you). If you want them to stay exactly the same size, then group your buttons (if they aren’t already) and anchor group to the top or bottom (depending on where you prefer the buttons to start). If you want them to resize, group them, ensure that all the buttons inside the group are set to a relative layout mode, and then anchor the group to the top and bottom of the window.

1 Like

This seems to be a problem with Java’s Swing… but I found a little trick… Set your docked sidebar window “Minimum Size” to same width and height as the “Size”, and the width of the docked bar will actually resize. I have no idea why it works, but it does.

Keep in mind this will be the same size for both large and small screens, so if you need to set this dynamically, you would have to get into python scripting…

This script doesn’t work quite right (it does resize the bar, but doesn’t get the other window to fill the gap), but at least would point you in the right direction… I threw this on a button’s actionPerformed script. (probably better placed on a Client Events Startup script)

import java.awt.Dimension
window = system.gui.getParentWindow(event)
window.setSize(java.awt.Dimension(300, 600))
window.setMinimumSize(java.awt.Dimension(300, 600))

Maybe you can find the appropriate method to cause a refresh by getting a full list with

window = system.gui.getParentWindow(event)
print dir(window)
# and looking in the console for the full list

Hope these points help everyone out until it can be fully fixed.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with docked window resize