Enable/Disable Project Through Scripting

Thanks @dustin.cooper! I’m glad this was able to help you!

I haven’t really looked into the project change tracking that you are talking about, but it does look like RuntimeProject should be able to do something like this. The diff function looks like it should do what you want, you would just need to compare the prod version of the project to the updated dev version.

Right now I am just tracking changes manually. Each of my projects has a version Project Script where I keep a handful of variables like author, last modified date, and a changelog dictionary. Obviously it becomes an issue if you forget to update this, but I figure its better than nothing. You could then either import the file to access those variables, or read in the file and search for those variables.

This discussion has sparked me to look into using git for project change/version control, and it looks like there has been quite a bit of discussion around it already. If you really want to be more rigorous in change management, this would definitely be something to look into further:

Here’s are a couple of resources that might be interesting for monitoring/tracking project changes:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/SE/Working+with+Project+Resources