[Feedback] NEW Perspective Dashboard

Hi @ynejati, do you know if the property to disable the bin packing algorithm got added to the dev pipeline?

It just did. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ynejati thank you, I really appreciate it

Hi @ynejati, what version of Ignition will the ability to disable the bin packing algorithm be available? I don’t recall seeing it in the release notes for 8.1.2 or 8.1.3.

It’s on our backlog as of 8 days ago. The absolute earliest possible release it could make it into would be 8.1.4, but there’s a lot of time between ‘on a backlog’ and ‘actually being worked on’ and ‘in the software’. We don’t target bugs/features to specific releases - instead we use a ‘release train’ model: https://inductiveautomation.com/blog/all-aboard-the-release-train-first-stop-ignition-8

1 Like

Soon. :wink:

1 Like

Should be available in 8.1.4. A property called pack which will allow you to disable the packing algorithm. Hope you find it useful. :+1:

1 Like

@ynejati thanks for the update. Looking at the release train it should just be ready in time for our first major deployment using the dashboard.

Hi! I’ve been using the dashboard component with a lot of success.

Is there any way to edit the default border of a widget? I’d like to have some more rounded corners, but the border style on widget instance on the dashboard, but the default one still peeks through.

Hmm… I guess my message went to you directly. I’ll post here for others as well.

Assuming that the header is disabled. Set your border radius in a style class and then apply it to the widget body. Add a style class to the root style object to remove the borders on the widget, or an inline style, i.e. border: none. Note, if you set it on the root style object, you might end up cutting off the the resize handles of the widget, that’s why I recommend doing this on the table body. I suppose you could leave the header in place as well and just be more specific about corner border radius. Nonetheless, it can be done. Good luck.

1 Like

This Named query is not working for MS SQL, I am getting error in ON CONFLICT line.
Please suggest me, What I want to do ?

On this dashboard component, is there a way for it not to reset when it’s in a tab view without saving the properties somewhere?

I have the dashboard component on a tab in a tab container and when switching views, it resets the dashboard component back to empty (or whatever was saved in the designer).

Anything inside a tab in a tab container is essentially reloaded every time you change to that tab. That means that it will be reloaded with its defaults. However, you can always bind the props to more persistent props for example a custom prop on the tab container itself or even to a session custom prop so that changing selected tabs doesn’t wipe the configured props.

1 Like

You can specify a “runWhileHidden” property to keep the contents from unloading when the user navigates away.

A tab item within the tabs array can be defined as a string or an object. If an object, it may have any one of these shapes:

{
  text: string;
  runWhileHidden: boolean;
}

OR

{
  viewPath: string;
  viewParams: object;
  runWhileHidden: boolean;
  width: number;
}
4 Likes

This worked perfectly. Is this anywhere in the user manual?

Seems pretty clearly documented to me:

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Perspective+-+Tab+Container#PerspectiveTabContainer-Properties

1 Like

Is there any possible to run the script only when the widgets is removed from the dashboard?
kindly suggest the solution.
Thanks in Advance.