[Feedback] NEW Perspective Table

I have this working great for changing the background color of a row. But how about hiding rows by setting height to zero, which is how I did it in Vision. What style would I use to hide certain rows ({“height”: 0} does not work)?

1 Like

Is there any way to have the ‘highlight’ feature in the row property highlight a cell if it has a color other than white? I have the background color bound to a custom parameter on the page for even and odd columns, but the even columns(darker) do not highlight.

1 Like

I’m using a subview in the rows property, and passing parameters depening on what row is clicked. I’ve noticed that the selectedRow property does not change when I click on the dropdown arrow on the left of the chart, it only changes when I click on any other cell on the chart besdies this one. I’m running my scripting so that if selectedRow == number, then pass the the subview parameters that are appropriate for that rowNum. But, this doesn’t work right if the user just clicks the arrow, they since the selectedRow prop isn’t updating with that. Here’s a video to show it.

1 Like

This transform worked pretty well. After looking closer though, a dataset being fed into this transform is being returned in a json , but the order of the columns compared to dataset is different. From the for loops within this transform, it seems that the rows and columns are being called in order. Is there something that I need to change to allow this or something elsedataset json
Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide

Datasets have ordered columns, but JSON objects (key:value mappings) do not. If you need a deterministic order, you’ll need to sort the keys in the object yourself.

1 Like

Or, you could set the order of the columns in the table by defining the column configs in the order you’d like.

5 Likes

Can we get the following on the table?

• onRowHover event
  • Index or row data for the hovered row.

How do you set the row height?

ynejati,

I’ve been struggling to get table conditional formatting work. I went so far as creating a table with data to match your example. Are there more resources that cover this topic? i’m just trying to highlight a table row based on one row column values.

Thanks in advance

Hi Shawn. Sorry to hear. That example I provided should work. I’d suggest trying it again and attempting to isolate your issue. For more resources, you can try searching the forums or manual, or contacting support. You can also try posting more details here on what it is exactly you’re having problems with. It would not surprise me that a fellow user has had a similar experience.

Ynejati. Thanks. I figured it out. I just started from scratch with something simple and went from there.

Great!

@ynejati Are there any plans to further improve the speed of the table component when using an array of JSON objects or allow us to use a dataset in conjunction with styles.

I have a table built with 800ish rows and it takes 5-10 seconds for the table to display any data after the props.data property is populated via the transform. (i’m printing the time of the return at the end of my transform and the 5-10 seconds to display any data is after that point)

There is now! 5-10 seconds is no good at all. I don’t recall seeing this during testing, so there may likely be other factors at play here that are causing this type of performance degradation. Could you DM me with an example project of what you’re encountering, please? Thanks.

We are currently in the process of incrementally implementing broader and more intensive performance improvements to Perspective. Some of these improvements have already been introduced in the nightlies. This is our larger priority item at the moment, so you may find that we are slow to respond to other issues and improvements. We appreciate your patience as we work towards improving the overall performance of Perspective.

4 Likes

Need help on how to configure different fontweight for column?
I want to use bold font for country column values in the below eample.

Thanks in advance!

One way I can think of using embedded view for that column and in your custom view you can put label with bold.
As I remember you only have one style option for rows.

I got the conditioned based formatting to work for an entire row based on a cell value in the row. How do I do it for Columns, or just a cell in the row?

works for entire row ----
row={“style”:{“backgroundColor”:red},“value”:{“Line”:line,“PMs”:pms,“Compliant”:comply,“Score”:score}}

I am trying to override column configuration using IA help. But not able to do so. Is there detailed information or videos available for perspective table.

Override?? What do you mean? What is it you’re trying to do exactly?

I want to change the configuration of the columns as per written in screenshot. I want to change the font weight of one column of table.

Unfortunately you can’t do that at the moment via the column configuration object. The only way to go about it now would be to transform your data and make the particular cells of that column a custom configuration object that includes style like below. Use this script as an example to transform your dataset.

{
  "city": {
    "value": "Folsom",
    "style": {
      "fontWeight": "bold"
    }
  },
  "country": "United States",
  "population": 77271
}