File Access on host from remote client

That is because you are binding the name property to the file path, you need to set the file path property.

Carl,
I tried this, I have the Root Directory in the File explorer set to C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\webserver\webapps\main of the server pc and I am having some interesting issues. If, I open the client from the server pc (using remote desktop) I can access all the files that I have saved to this directory. As shown here:

However, if I open the client from my pc I only see the following:

Furthermore, if I open this from any other pc in my plant when I access this screen, the files that show up in the file explorer window are of the client pc itself and not from the server pc.
My pc and all the other client pc are on the same network yet they are not on the same network as the ignition server pc.
I understand this is an old thread but, I am sort of stumped thanks.

You’re mixing up “network” and “filesystem”

The file explorer explores the filesystem local to the client pc, and isn’t appropriate for what you’re trying to do.

Like that old thread mentioned, files you put in the \webserver\webapps\main folder will then be accessible over HTTP, so you’d access them using a URL like http://myserver:8088/main/mypdf.pdf