HMI elements for Oil and Gas

Thank you for discussion.

1 Like

First let me say your art work is awesome.
Now, I can only give my experience (it's not even my opinion).

I do work in the Oil & Gas Industry, and I am the Scada Administrator for an Independent Oil & Gas company. They have told me more than once to keep my graphics (my visual elements) to a bare mininum as they just want to seen the "DATA". I use to show "pumpjacks" that was pumping which would represent "Running or Not running" but my bosses just want to see larger "GREEN" text RUNNING and RED TEXT for NOT RUNNING.. Thus doing it this way I can get much more data on a single window.

I know you put in a massive amount of work to create your art, I wish I could use them. But the fact is my employers want more data and less art.

I do however wish you the best. I wish I could have been more positive.

It is great to get feedback from end user. Thanks for your kind words regarding to art.

Maybe if we are thinking to use HMI in only scada screen, your bosses could be right about less visual elements. However, I am mostly thinking to use these type of HMIs in MES applications like production reconciliation(mass/material balance), energy balance, asset performance management etc.. Maybe, I am wrong to think like that. This is just an idea to contribute to Digital Oil and Gas by gamification technology.