Ignition Designer Launcher Error

yes, deleting the runtime folder 11.0.X worked. thx!

Deleting cache worked for me.

Hello, I am getting this error when attempting to load into 8.1.42 designer.

Download attempt #2 for file __2863645813__alarm-notification-designer-6.1.38.jar failed.
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.timedRead(NioSocketImpl.java:288)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.implRead(NioSocketImpl.java:314)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.read(NioSocketImpl.java:355)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl$1.read(NioSocketImpl.java:808)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket$SocketInputStream.read(Socket.java:976)
	at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:244)
	at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:284)
	at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:343)
	at java.base/sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(MeteredStream.java:141)
	at java.base/java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:132)
	at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(HttpURLConnection.java:3733)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.StepInputStreamWrapper.read(StepInputStreamWrapper.java:46)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.util.CRC32InputStream.read(CRC32InputStream.java:35)
	at java.base/java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:106)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep.downloadJar(DownloadJarsStep.java:172)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep$DownloadJarsAction.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:77)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep$DownloadJarsAction.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:58)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.AbstractLaunchStep.runLockedAction(AbstractLaunchStep.java:95)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.BaseStep.runLockedAction(BaseStep.java:24)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:55)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:33)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840)

Launch failed on step "DownloadJarsStep" with error:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.timedRead(NioSocketImpl.java:288)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.implRead(NioSocketImpl.java:314)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.read(NioSocketImpl.java:355)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl$1.read(NioSocketImpl.java:808)
	at java.base/java.net.Socket$SocketInputStream.read(Socket.java:976)
	at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:244)
	at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:284)
	at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:343)
	at java.base/sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(MeteredStream.java:141)
	at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(HttpURLConnection.java:3733)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.StepInputStreamWrapper.read(StepInputStreamWrapper.java:46)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.util.CRC32InputStream.read(CRC32InputStream.java:35)
	at java.base/java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:106)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep.downloadJar(DownloadJarsStep.java:172)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep$DownloadJarsAction.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:77)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep$DownloadJarsAction.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:58)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.AbstractLaunchStep.runLockedAction(AbstractLaunchStep.java:95)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.BaseStep.runLockedAction(BaseStep.java:24)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:55)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:33)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840)

The designer throws a popup after the second attempt downloading this step stating: SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out.

Any ideas on this?

That's a typical message when an antivirus or deep-packet-inspection firewall is interfering.

I have tried temporarily disabling antivirus and firewall and tried launching but same error was thrown.

Is there any firewall or filtering proxy between your machine and the gateway? (It might not be in your machine.)

I am using a VPN to remotely connect to a gateway, I am able to pull up the Ignition Gateway on my browser. But the designer is just giving the headache. I will try playing around with the VPN firewall and proxy filtering setting and get back to you.

I do not have access to the VPN settings, however it is worth noting that I have been able to load up this designer in the past, I have only had issues once attempting designer versions 8.1.41 and 8.1.42.